Sunday, January 30, 2011

And Yet I Walk




It was one of those days today
When I wander lonely
In the midst of crowd .
The children playing
On the beach ,
Yeah, I saw !
And couples together –
So distant they seemed !
As if in some happy movie
All they were !
And I ……
As lonely as I were !
Only then ,
A soft breeze
Made my hair
Kiss my cheek
And, I almost felt
It was you ……
As if you ran your fingers
On my cheek ……
It made me smile
And close my eyes ;
And then wince in pain ……
Still, I kept moving
Towards some unknown goal ……
As for days
I’ve been …….


-          Amrita Sarkar .

Written on - 02/8/2007 ,

Published on – 14/6/2008 ,
Feelings ,
The Assam Tribune .





4 comments:

  1. wow,u r genius Amrita.what a beautiful writing(poem)!keep it on.all these r great works.best of luck.Sanjay da

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god!! great ammu.. i dint evn kno dat u can touch ones heart till its core thru ur poems. congrats 4 winning d comptitn..

    ReplyDelete