Monday, January 24, 2011

Maa


















Maa....
Today when it heavily rained,
And thunders aloud they roared;
I just wanted to run to you,

And clutch you tight,
As a child would do!
No! Its not this storm
That I fear from
and thither run!
Nor,from thunders I want to hide.
Its just that I feel so tired of life
That I want to feel the peace
which radiates from you....maa.
I know if it rains
Your hand can't protect my head from getting wet,
Ain't I too big for that...now?
Nor you can carry me
so that oblivious I remain
to this long sojourn!
But,sometimes,when I fail to stand;
My limbs tremble.....
and for myself,I can no longer fend:
will it be too feeble
to ask you to come and,by me stand?
Just to let me know you're near.....
and then,just give me your gorgeous smile
to bring life to me....yes! yet once again!!




- Amrita Sarkar.
 Written on 21: 06: 06
 Published in The Assam Tribune on 10: 07: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment