Monday, January 31, 2011

Why Man ?



Why man ,
You fear to see the truth ?
To know the reality
Why fears your minds ?
To uncover the pains
Of a heart ,
Pricked so mercilessly ,
Why , now , you don’t dare ?
Why not question
That nasty mind ,
Which you want
To keep masked , always ?

Why you fear
To taste the fruits of labour done ?
Does its bitterness
Frighten you ?
Why man ,
You run away ,
After spitting on my face ?
Yeah ! you can run ,
And so shall I ,
With my hands
Hiding my dirt-clad face ;
And , till you don’t clean my face ,
I shall never show it again .


       Amrita Sarkar .

Written on – 06/09/2002 ,
Published on – 06/10/2002 ,
The Sentinel .

2 comments:

  1. This is really awesome....I liked the way you uncovered the truth about us....nice done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx...glad that u liked it.... @ThauChengCha'S||PhotoGraphy

    ReplyDelete