Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Home , My Assam

The Brahmaputra

Slowly as this Russian rain
Come down , flying past ,
I remember my native land
And tears flow for beloved ones .
The weather today is sad again ,
And, along it saddens my mind .
Some moments gone , I want to live ;
So let the time once rewind .
But I know it won’t !
Aye, I so well do !
And so ,
Along with several unrealized dreams ,
I encage those wishes
The Volga
With quiet remorse ;
In some nook
Let them lie .
O’ Russia , far is my country, though .
When I envision
My Brahmaputra flow
From Volga may emanate
A warmth alike .


 -          Amrita Sarkar.

Written on – 08/4/2004 ,
Published on – 10/5/2008 ,
Feelings ,The Assam Tribune .



1 comment:

  1. This poem was composed when I was in Russia. I used to miss my home in Guwahati near the great Brahmaputra...and tried to find its warmth from the beautiful Volga, as time went by...

    ReplyDelete