Saturday, January 22, 2011

One Moment - Me And You




One moment
Let the clocks tick on;
One moment but
Countless and long!
One moment
Where regrets lie in distant yore,
One moment
In which I've wish no more.

One moment
Let me cling to you,
One moment
With nothing else to view;
Whether the cobwebs spin around,
Or the earth's shaken
With an astounding sound.
One moment, unperturbed
By sweet smell or musty fume;
Let me fill me
With only your perfume.
One moment,
Let me hear the lub-dub
Of your heart.
One moment
When I'm no more alert.
One moment,
Let the parting vermilion
Grow brighter with love,
And make Sky blush sanguine.

One moment- of only me and you,
One moment,
I'm richer than the queen..........


(lub dub - medical term for " the beats of heart ")


- Amrita Sarkar.

Written on 12: 03: 07
Published in The Assam Tribune on 15: 05: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment